- This event has passed.
World IP Day
Celebrate World IP Day with IPO
April 26, 4:30pm-7:30pm ET on Capitol Hill
World IP Day is celebrated each year on April 26. Join us this year in celebrating the work of trailblazing women around the world and in raising awareness about why it is so important to encourage more women to participate in the IP system. IPO is co-sponsoring an event on Capitol Hill from 4:30-7:30pm ET. The program will begin with remarks by Director KATHI VIDAL (USPTO) and members of Congress. SAMANTHA AGUAYO, IPO’s Deputy Executive Director & Chief Policy Counsel, will moderate a panel discussion on Women Innovators, Creators, and Inventors. The program will conclude with remarks by Register SHIRA PERLMUTTER (US Copyright Office) followed by a reception. The event is free to attend, but advance registration is required.
MentorshIP: The secret sauce for women entrepreneurs
Wednesday, April 26, 12:00pm ET
Clara Barton Auditorium (South) in the Madison Building of the USPTO in Alexandria, VA.
Have you ever wondered how you could take your business to the next level, but wished you had someone to bounce ideas off of? Having a mentor can help you overcome challenges and achieve your goals.
The event will feature a panel of experts will discuss actionable tips on how to find a mentor, what to look for in a mentor, how to successfully engage with a mentor and the benefits of mentorship when starting, growing or expanding your business.
- Kathi Vidal, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the USPTO
- Shelly Omi Bell, CEO, Black Girl Ventures, Author, Business Strategist, Computer Scientist, Serial Entrepreneur
- Corinne Goble, CEO, Association of Women’s Business Centers (AWBC)
- Jessica K. Landacre, Executive Director, Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
- Tiffany Moore, Senior Vice President of Political and Industry Affairs, Consumer Technology Association
- Zoë Dean-Smith, Senior Vice President, Leadership and Social Impact, Vital Voices
*Agenda is subject to change without notice
For more information, or if you have any questions or comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.