2023 Design Day
Save the Date to Attend the 16th Annual Design Day
Thursday, May 4, 2023
10:00am – 5:00pm ET
Registration Opens in April 2023
Join us for an in-person or virtual day of lively and thought-provoking discussion about various aspects of design patents, hosted at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). Get insights from USPTO design managers, design patent practitioners, and industrial designers. No CLE credit is offered for attendance. There will be a networking opportunity from 5 pm to 6 pm EDT, following the formal program.
The event features:
- Welcome and Kick-off from Director of Technology Center 2900, Karen Young;
- An update on international developments from the USPTO’s Office of Policy and International Affairs;
- Hear from Kathy Vidal, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office;
- Find out more about how design patent infringement trials work;
- Learn about different IP paths from Damian Porcani, Director, Midwest Regional USPTO Office;
- Case law summarizing the most important design patent decisions over the past year from the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the district courts, and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB);
- and more!
Design Day is co-sponsored by American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), the Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO), and the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).