To find the committee members or charter of a given committee, select a division and then the name of the committee. If you do not know the name of the division, simply click on the “Select Committee” button and all committees will be listed.
International Patent Law & Trade
The Committee will focus on developing and proposing IPO positions(coordinating with other committees
and IPO members), awareness (white papers and education) and monitoring developments in:
1. Intellectual property in the context of trade, such providing comments to the U.S. Trade
Representative (USTR) for the annual Special 301 Report, bilateral trade agreements (e.g.,
USMCA/NAFTA), and WTO;
2. WIPO and international patent filing including improving the cost efficiency of international
3. Genetic resources and traditional knowledge to develop legal frameworks for access and
benefit sharing that will lead to increased international conservation and to effective and
equitable utilization of genetic resources and traditional knowledge; and
4. Global assignment, which is an IP5 Patent Harmonization Experts Panel initiative to streamline
recording ownership of patents, utility models, provisional applications, and priority rights
around the world.
Chair:Dean M. Harts, 3M Innovative Properties Co.
Chair:Sharon Reiche, Pfizer Inc.
Vice Chair:Wayne C. Jaeschke, Johnson & Johnson
Vice Chair:Bill Warren, Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP
Secretary:Philip Soo, 3M Innovative Properties Co.
Board Liaison:Ronald A. Antush, Nokia of Americas Corp
Staff Liaison:Thomas S. Valente, Intellectual Property Owners Association
- John T. AddicksBookoff McAndrews PLLC
- John W. AlbrechtMedtronic, Inc.
- Stephen W. Bauer
- Janet CordLadas & Parry LLP
- David CrichtonJohnson & Johnson
- Mark W. CrollLeydig, Voit & Mayer, Ltd.
- Michael DegnQuestel
- Manisha A. Desai
- Gillian DoucetteCAS-Science IP
- Daniel F. DrexlerCantor Colburn LLP
- Jessica Z. EastmanPfizer Inc.
- Robert B. Furr, Jr.Koch Industries Inc.
- Richard GaugelerBird & Bird LLP
- Steve GongGoogle LLC
- Henrique Steuer Imbassahy De MelloDannemann Siemsen
- Benjamin J. LehbergerDilworth IP
- Alison MaddefordThermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Taylor MeachamEricsson
- Erica NavarMcAndrews, Held & Malloy, Ltd.
- G. Peter NicholsBarnes & Thornburg LLP
- Sergio Luis Olivares, Jr.OLIVARES
- Michael PanianCorning Incorporated
- Bridget PetruczokEricsson
- Kathryn A. PiffatPearl Cohen Zedek Latzer Baratz
- Kent RobbinsHexos Renewals
- Mauricio SamanoOLIVARES
- Gabriel SchlabachApple Inc.
- Dr. Dirk SchulzeShell USA, Inc.
- Tsu-shin Gail SuGoogle LLC
- John TodaroMerck & Co Inc.
- Carol VandeputteYara International ASA
- Karen WareBASF Corporation
- David M. WeisbergInfineum USA L.P.
- Jason WuDolby Laboratories
- Stephen YoderIBM Corp.
- Non-Voting Member:Ashwani Balayan, ALG India Law Offices LLP
- Non-Voting Member:David Black, Schwegman Lundberg & Woessner, P.A.
- Non-Voting Member:Edward Blocker
- Non-Voting Member:Fernando Braune, ABO IP
- Non-Voting Member:Santosh K. Chari, CPST Intellectual Property
- Non-Voting Member:Christina Huang, Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Non-Voting Member:Guillaume Jaulerry
- Non-Voting Member:Fan Li, CCPIT Patent and Trademark Law Office
- Non-Voting Member:Toby Mak, Tee & Howe Intellectual Property Attorneys
- Non-Voting Member:Rafaela Mattos, Herrero & Asociados
- Non-Voting Member:Jonathan P. Osha, Osha Bergman Watanabe & Burton LLP
- Non-Voting Member:Roberto Rodrigues Pinho, Licks Attorneys
- Non-Voting Member:Lore Unt, Apple Inc.
- Non-Voting Member:Helene Workman, Apple Inc.
- Non-Voting Member:Anne Yan, Johnson Matthey Inc.
- Non-Voting Member:Zack Zhao, Dow Chemical Co.